New rules requests

Posted under Bugs & Features

There really needs to be a rule about users who refuse to use blacklist tags for content they do not wish to see. The reason for this is because it gets extremely annoying and is considered trolling which we all know how much we hate trolls. Blacklisting content is important because it prevents people from seeing the content they hate.

Another rule we need is one about putting more effort into tagging. I’ve seen so many posts with only 1 or 3 tags but that isn’t enough. Tagging is important as well because it makes it easier to search for specific images and so that people’s blacklists actually work.

ilovelolicon said:

There really needs to be a rule about users who refuse to use blacklist tags for content they do not wish to see. The reason for this is because it gets extremely annoying and is considered trolling which we all know how much we hate trolls. Blacklisting content is important because it prevents people from seeing the content they hate.

Another rule we need is one about putting more effort into tagging. I’ve seen so many posts with only 1 or 3 tags but that isn’t enough. Tagging is important as well because it makes it easier to search for specific images and so that people’s blacklists actually work.

The tagging... dont get me started. wile not as bad as other site it could be better. ive gone through and fix stuff i find poorly tagged. both of these is just laziness on the users part i doubt there trolling. it does make it hard to find what has been posted and what hasn't though...

You really gotta think outside the box since every aspect of the image is taggable even stuff you wouldnt expect like the jpg artifacts lol.

Blacklisting seems like common sense on an image board like this. I'm not sure if it should actually be a rule, but could be included next time we update them.

As for tagging, unfortunately we rely on the userbase and the uploaders themselves here, as well as staff. We cannot force uploaders to tag their own uploads, because that'd be an insane amount of work if they upload large quantities. We at least expect an artist and preferably a source from them, but beyond that forcing them to tag stuff is likely going to make them stop uploading altogether. They're the ones contributing after all. We cannot force staff to tag stuff because that'd be a huge time investment next to the stuff that already needs to be done (removing stuff, checking comments, checking the forum, approving new uploads, dealing with bad behaviour from users, etc.), and they are volunteering after all. Really we can only really hope that people interested enough tag stuff. Heck, I used to tag a lot of stuff, even before I became staff.

I agree that uploads missing a lot of tags are kind of... pointless, as no one except those just randomly browsing will ever find those. That's why we at least hope for an artist, copyright and character tags, as well as a loli/shota tag and extreme fetishes that other people want to avoid (otherwise blacklisting is pointless).

thatenemy said:

Blacklisting seems like common sense on an image board like this. I'm not sure if it should actually be a rule, but could be included next time we update them.

As for tagging, unfortunately we rely on the userbase and the uploaders themselves here, as well as staff. We cannot force uploaders to tag their own uploads, because that'd be an insane amount of work if they upload large quantities. We at least expect an artist and preferably a source from them, but beyond that forcing them to tag stuff is likely going to make them stop uploading altogether. They're the ones contributing after all. We cannot force staff to tag stuff because that'd be a huge time investment next to the stuff that already needs to be done (removing stuff, checking comments, checking the forum, approving new uploads, dealing with bad behaviour from users, etc.), and they are volunteering after all. Really we can only really hope that people interested enough tag stuff. Heck, I used to tag a lot of stuff, even before I became staff.

I agree that uploads missing a lot of tags are kind of... pointless, as no one except those just randomly browsing will ever find those. That's why we at least hope for an artist, copyright and character tags, as well as a loli/shota tag and extreme fetishes that other people want to avoid (otherwise blacklisting is pointless).

i can deal with tags being poor my main issue is there are doubles for example an artist tag that looks like this

padoga_(artist)
and then theres just
padoga

that annoys me cause most users will use one or the other. if i find those i just add both as tags. too bad there isnt a way to combine those tags in bulk.

i think all artist tags should have (artist) on the end. it makes it easier to define. but it is what it is. im just glad this place exist to archive all this.

DontTouchMyCogs said:

i can deal with tags being poor my main issue is there are doubles for example an artist tag that looks like this

padoga_(artist)
and then theres just
padoga

that annoys me cause most users will use one or the other. if i find those i just add both as tags. too bad there isnt a way to combine those tags in bulk.

i think all artist tags should have (artist) on the end. it makes it easier to define. but it is what it is. im just glad this place exist to archive all this.

At the top you can find a button "Request alias/implication". This is meant exactly for requesting combining or "aliasing" tags in bulk. If you find multiple artist names or really any tag that refer to the same thing, you can request to combine them. Just follow the instructions. You might get an error saying there's no wiki entry. In that case, resubmit the requestion checking the "ignore this stuff" or whatever it is button (I recommend copy pasting whatever you requested before hitting submit).

thatenemy said:

At the top you can find a button "Request alias/implication". This is meant exactly for requesting combining or "aliasing" tags in bulk. If you find multiple artist names or really any tag that refer to the same thing, you can request to combine them. Just follow the instructions. You might get an error saying there's no wiki entry. In that case, resubmit the requestion checking the "ignore this stuff" or whatever it is button (I recommend copy pasting whatever you requested before hitting submit).

ah! ok will do. thank you.

1